Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"i am a man that does not have a way.
millions of oceans can show me, you say.
we still run around like there's no better way,
and i don't stay.

out on the highway in the desert unknown.
i'll find a way to get back to you, though.
i still run around like i don't have a home
cause even when i'm around, i've got no place to go.

and i know i'm not what you need,
but it's okay--yeah it's okay with me.

so how can i tell you i need you to stay?
i've done it before, it don't mean anything.

and i still wait around to see if they'll let me go
through heaven's doors, alone."

The more I learn about animals, and the more I learn about humans; I realize how much alike we are. How competitive we are. How protective we are. How Forceful, territorial, and rude. Matt Chandler says "Everything is a Fixer Upper this side of eternity" and I couldn't agree with him more. Where do you draw the line though? Who is too much of a fixer upper? How do you know when someone is too good to be true? I just know I will pick someone that is perfect on paper and blows my mind but after a few years I'll realize she is just being what she knows I want her to be. (thats a terrible sentence) Isnt it so easy to tell someone "Hey I like that too!" or "Yeah I'm the same exact way" but then 20 minutes later you realize no... you arent like that at all. When it comes down to it we are all just animals with a bigger sex drive and need of companionship.

and i know I'm not what you need,
but it's okay--yeah it's okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment