Friday, March 13, 2009

How do you measure a man?

"I say the measure of a man
Is not how tall you stand
How wealthy or intelligent you are
'Cause I've found out the measure of a man
God knows and understands
For He looks inside to the bottom of your heart
And what's in the heart defines
The measure of a man
Well, you can doubt your worth
And search for who you are
And where you stand
But God made you in His image
When He formed you in His hands"


What are the qualities of a good man? I have found myself beating this question senselessly into my brain all day. Why are we not allowed to ever say how we feel? Why do we brush of our strong muscular features and act as if nothing ever happened even though we understand people just watched us fall... flat on our proud little faces. I say screw this system of "girls aren't allowed to do '_____'" or "MEN SHOULD NEVER '_____'!" I understand that I am not breaking down any renaissance door steps with my crazy new thinking... because I know beyond the shadow of a doubt everyone has thought it, but few will ever do anything about it and will truly seek change in themselves.

Life really isn't complicated once you realize everyone will let you down.


No comments:

Post a Comment